Take a moment and imagine a world without computers, a world without applications. Its hard isn’t it? In today’s day and age it has become impossible to get certain things done without the help of a computer. And of course computer alone can’t do much if there aren’t proper application to assist you in what you are doing.
Web applications have come and gone. Some have stayed on top for years and have provided utmost value to the users and some have been dumped after their first use.
Today we bring you 29 Web Applications that are intended for students, businesses and webmasters. In this post you will find 29 web apps altogether divided in 3 groups – Students, Businesses and Webmasters. Under each link you will find a brief excerpt from their about us page which will give you a better idea as to how they might help you achieve what you are trying to do.
note : the description under each application is extracted from the application developers about page. No one else can describe a product like the makers do, so we decided we would use their own words to describe each applications.
Let’s get started,
Web Applications For Students
- Shvoong Homework: Shvoong Homework allows students to work in interactive and inspiring surroundings, while helping their fellow students and benefiting from others’ knowledge. We are sure it will revolutionize the ways students, parents and teachers view schooling.
- Dark Copy: DarkCopy is for anyone who enjoys the simplicity of a typewriter, and wants to increase productivity by focusing only on writing. It was created as a free, web-based clone of WriteRoom.
- Printable Paper: Hundreds of papers you can download and print for free. We’ve got graph paper, lined paper, financial paper, music paper, and more.
- BibMe: The fully automatic bibliography maker that auto-fills. It’s the easiest way to build a works cited page. And it’s free. Search for a book, article, website, or film, or enter the information yourself. Add it to your bibliography. Download your bibliography in either the MLA, APA, Chicago, or Turabian formats and include it in your paper. It’s that easy!
- PDF Pad: PDF Pad is a comprehensive online destination where you can download and print the high quality documents you need for work, school and play, free of charge or registration hassles.
- Lecture Fox: Free audio / video to different university courses and lectures from some of the top schools such as MIT, Harvard, Oxford, etc. Subjects include physics, chemistry, computer science, mathematics and faculty mix.
- Buddy School: In BuddySchool teachers and students meet to study online. Teachers post their listings with information about their field(s) of expertise, pricing, availability and contact information, especially about the Internet communicators they use. Students search through listings to find a teacher most suitable for them.
- Emurse: Emurse allows job seekers to easily create and maintain a professional resume that is hosted online, available for download in any needed format. Making additions and keeping resumes up-to-date and ready to go has never been easier.
- Social Bib: Sick and tired of overpriced college textbooks? So are we! That’s why we created socialbib. Socialbib helps students get college textbooks for free. There’s no cost to join.
- Bookgoo: Bookgoo allows you to upload, annotate, and collaborate with your offline documents in an online way. Putting your documents on our website is only part of the story. We allow your documents to be highlighted and annotated in the same way you would mark up a piece of paper with a highlighter and pen. Moreover, we allow you to then share your annotated documents with friends, colleagues, professors – really, anyone!
Web Applications For Business
- Circle Up: CircleUp is a free social communications service that turbo-charges email and instant messaging when communicating with online and offline groups of any size. Think of CircleUp as improving email and IM to make them work efficiently for groups! With CircleUp, you can email or IM a circle of people and get back a single, organized result that you can print, share, export or archive, instead of a blizzard of individual responses.
- Red Roller: Whether shipping ground or overnight, envelopes or 150-pound boxes RedRoller’s customers have access to a shipping solution to compare prices and delivery options from top carriers, print labels, schedule a pick up or locate a drop box, send email notifications, and track your packages in a snap.
- Rota Board: Simple, Elegant, Organised (and Painless). Organising your employees working schedules shouldn’t be a burden. That’s why we’ve created Rotaboard – our FREE online rota management service. With Rotaboard, it’s easy to manage and keep track of all your staff’s working schedules.
- Whos Off: Every company has difficulty tracking staff holiday, WhosOff delivers an answer to this enduring problem, by allowing staff to request holiday whilst applying simple initial controls, checking the number of days a staff member has left etc. and yet still passing the logged request on for final approval by an appointed approver. WhosOff is empowering all employers to have full visual control over staff holiday and its approval.
- Postful: In business, you don’t have time to deal with letters. We put a corporate mailroom in your e-mail client. Postful is smarter, faster and more cost-effective than stocking stamps, envelopes, and letterhead (not to mention wasting your time stuffing letters). Whether in the office or on the go, Postful will change the way you work.
- SlideShare: SlideShare is the best way to share your presentations with the world. Let your ideas reach a broad audience. Share publicly or privately.
- Smartsheet: From assigning tasks and tracking project status to sharing information effortlessly. No matter the project, no matter its size, Smartsheet helps you get the job done.
- BureauOfCommunication: Whether you need to communicate a problem, send an invitation to an event, or simply apologize for a transgression, our easy-to-use forms will ensure that your message is clearly conveyed.
- Wufoo: Our HTML form builder helps you create contact forms, online surveys, and invitations so you can collect the data, registrations and online payments you need without writing a single line of code.
- Wrike: Wrike is an integrated online project management solution that helps you manage projects, teams and businesses. By turning email overload into well-organized plans on the Web, Wrike makes your organization more efficient, transparent and agile. Wrike is collaborative, web-based, easy to use and inexpensive, so you can roll it out company-wide.
Web Applications For Webmasters
- WebsiteGrader: Website Grader is a free seo tool that measures the marketing effectiveness of a website. It provides a score that incorporates things like website traffic, SEO, social popularity and other technical factors. It also provides some basic advice on how the website can be improved from a marketing perspective.
- Websnapr: websnapr lets you capture screenshots of (almost) any web page. Allow your visitors to instantly visualize any web page before clicking. Increase site traffic, click-through rate and site stickiness.
- WebGraphicsMaker: Free online tools which generate web graphics for your site or blog. Create Backgrounds, lines or bullets for your blog or site.
- ValidChecker: Validchecker is a free tool that checks your html,rss,css documents’ validation peridiocally and send the results to you by email or RSS.
- FreeScreenCast: We make screencasting simple from beginning to end. Record your screen, upload, and share with ease. No tech degree required.
- AnyClient: AnyClient is a free platform independent file transfer application that supports all major file transfer protocols including FTP/S, SFTP and WebDAV/S. AnyClient is available both as a web based service requiring no software installation, and as a downloadable application that you can install locally.
- WhoIsHostingThis: Actually, amongst the many web hosting/domaingin related tools we’ve encountered, we haven’t found one that gives you a clear answer to the simple question: Who is Hosting This Site? We’ve found that the best way to find good web hosting is to check out what your favorite web sites are using. This tool makes it very easy to do.
- PhpForm: This application allows you to simply choose color, customize and add necessary fields and the app will get your HTML code ready for you.
- Pingabilty: This app monitors site to make sure they are up and running. If the site goes down the webmaster is notified via email or mobile phone. A very handy app for webmasters who manage a number of sites.
If there are any you would like to share please feel free to drop the links on your comments. The applications mentioned above should help you make your life easier whether you are a student, a businessman or a webmaster trying to succeed in the game. We will be bringing more web applications and other useful information in the near future, so please subscribe to our feed to stay updated.